Lemon Cake With Cream Cheese FillingFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 cup cake flour shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 1/2 of lemon rind grated shopping list
- 5 tablespoons lukewarm milk shopping list
- 3 egg whites beaten until stiff shopping list
- 1 lemon sliced thin and in half shopping list
- lemon Cream Cheese Frosting: shopping list
- 8 ounce package cream cheese softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 5 cups powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Beat cream cheese, butter, lemon juice, lemon rind and vanilla until smooth and fluffy.
- Add 3 cups powdered sugar and beat together then add additional 2 cups powdered sugar.
- Beat until creamy adding more icing sugar or juice as needed for easy spreading.
- Preheat oven to 350 then sift flour with baking powder.
- In large bowl beat butter with sugar and add yolks one at the time mixing very well.
- Add lemon rind and milk alternately with flour.
- Beat egg whites until stiff then fold egg whites very carefully into mixture.
- Pour mixture into a large round greased cake pan and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan and let cool completely.
- Cut cake into layers and fill with icing then spread icing over entire cake until covered. Use thinly sliced lemon pieces cut in half around the bottom of the cake.
People Who Like This Dish 22
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating11 people
Is that correct only 1 cup of flour? This sounds fabulous, I love lemon cake. You have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
Wow does that cake look beautiful. I wish I could reach in and eat a piece right now. Thanks for sharing. got my 5. MJflavors in Algonquin loved it
Holy Cow!! That is a beautiful cake, and I bet it tastes just as good as it looks!! Yumm, Thanks, a big 5 from me!jovi_nutt in Newtown loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!