Chinese Black Pepper ChickenFrom maiko 7 years ago
- 175g-200g chicken (or seitan/Mock chicken) shopping list
- 1 carrot (julienned) shopping list
- 1/2 onion shopping list
- 150g Beanshoots shopping list
- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 3 Tbsp oyster sauce (or mushroom Sauce) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp rice wine shopping list
- 1 tsp black pepper (more if u like it spicy!) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp white pepper shopping list
- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in wok or pan, and fry chicken til brown on sides. (If you like it crispy, you can coat chicken pieces with cornstarch and deep fry in hot oil).
- Next, saute onions til fragrant and add in carrots. Stir fry for about 2-3 mins.
- Pour in sauce and stir til chicken, onions & carrots are well-coated.
- Add in beanshoots and water, then stir once again. Let it simmer for awhile til sauce bubbles and beanshoots turn slightly translucent.
- Remove from heat and serve!
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookmaiko Melbourne, AU
The Rating6 people
Looks great!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Terrific! :)noir in Boston loved it
There were some sugar snap peas next to the bean sprouts at the store, so I added in about a half pound of those as well.karlshea in Milwaukee loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!