Long John Silvers Batter CloneFrom hayleesgrandma 7 years ago
How to make it
- Beat all ingredients together until smooth; let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat oil to 385 degrees F.
- In small bowl put 1/2 cup club soda, in another 1/2 cup self-rising flour. Dip fish first into soda, then into flour. Set fish on cookie sheet till all the fish has been coated; let dry a few minutes.
- Dip fish in batter, let excess drip off; and deep fry 3 or 4 minutes per side. Shrimp can be done the same way if peeled and deveined first.
People Who Like This Dish 31
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
The Rating6 people
It's the same batter for the chicken planks, correct?cherryptwife21 in New Bern loved it
Delicious! Added some spices (cayenne, and onion powder for flavor) and battered fresh chicken strips. FABULOUS! Thank you :-)cherryptwife21 in New Bern loved it
Thanks for the recipe - love LJS's batter...yumm!lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!