Long John Silvers Batter CloneFrom hayleesgrandma 9 years ago
How to make it
- Beat all ingredients together until smooth; let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat oil to 385 degrees F.
- In small bowl put 1/2 cup club soda, in another 1/2 cup self-rising flour. Dip fish first into soda, then into flour. Set fish on cookie sheet till all the fish has been coated; let dry a few minutes.
- Dip fish in batter, let excess drip off; and deep fry 3 or 4 minutes per side. Shrimp can be done the same way if peeled and deveined first.
People Who Like This Dish 31
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
The Rating6 people
Thanks for the post, love their batter....especially the fried 'crumbs'.redkitchen in Murfreesboro loved it
Yea....you deserve a big 5 for this.....redkitchen in Murfreesboro loved it
Yummy, I love Long John Silvers!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!