Hamburger Spinach CasseroleFrom canzi 7 years ago
- 10 ounces spinach (chopped, frozen) shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 3 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 3 tablespoons onion (minced) shopping list
- 4 ounces wide noodles shopping list
- 1 pound ground beef shopping list
- 15 ounces tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- garlic powder to taste shopping list
- salt and black pepper to taste shopping list
- cheddar cheese enough to cover top of casserole shopping list
How to make it
- Cook and drain spinach.
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, milk and onion in separate bowl and let set to soften.
- Cook noodles in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Brown beef and drain well.
- Add tomato sauce, sugar, garlic powder, salt, pepper and noodles.
- Heat through.
- In 2 quart casserole, place a layer of the meat-noodle mixture (use 1/2).
- Top with 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture.
- Top with all of spinach and finish with remainder of meat-noodles.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Cover completely with cheddar.
- Return to oven uncovered until cheese melts completely (about 5-10 min.)
The Cookcanzi San Diego, CA
The Rating11 people
Thanks! I really liked it! I am a mushroom lover so I'll probably add mushrooms next time, but it sure was good and a good way for me to get some spinach in my diet!!zueblue22 in Eugene loved it
This sounds yummy, yummy! I think I'll add mushrooms, too.sweetwords in Raleigh loved it
Hey, I did it. When I began layering it in the dish, I thought, oh,no, another beef n' mac - BUT NO! It was FINE! My husband really liked it, too. I did it slightly differently: I added the salt to the hamburger as it cooked, then the onions, a clo...moresweetwords in Raleigh loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!