Pecan Coated Fish With Remoulade SauceFrom bluewaterandsand 9 years ago
- === REMOULADE SAUCE === shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions -- white and green shopping list
- parts shopping list
- 1/4 cup capers -- with juice shopping list
- 1 garlic clove -- minced shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- === fish === shopping list
- 4 grouper or snapper fillets abt 1" thick - -- (4 to 6 oz ea) shopping list
- 1 stick butter -- melted, plus shopping list
- 1 tablespoon whole butter shopping list
- 1 cup pecans -- ground into crumbs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- salt -- to taste shopping list
- Freshly-ground black pepper -- to taste shopping list
- 4 lemon wedges -- for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- To prepare sauce, place the parsley, green onions, capers, and garlic in a
- blender or food processor and combine. Add the mayonnaise, olive oil,
- lemon juice and mustard. Blend well. Chill until ready to serve with
- seafood. This keeps in a covered container in the refrigerator for
- several weeks.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse the fish, pat dry and season. Dredge the fish in the melted butter.
- Spread the ground pecans on a plate and press the fish into the crumbs to
- coat. Turn the fillets and coat the other side.
- In a cast-iron or other heavy, ovenproof skillet, heat the 1 tablespoon of whole butter with the oil. When it begins to sizzle, sear the fish about 3 minutes per side. Place the skillet in the oven for 6 to 10 minutes,depending on the thickness of the fillets and your preference for degree of doneness.
- Serve immediately with Remoulade Sauce on the side and a
- lemon wedge.
- This recipe yields 4 servings of fish, 1 1/2 cups of sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 4
The Cookbluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
The Rating7 people
Oh yea gonna love this one to got my 5
Queensilverqueen in Albany loved it
I've actually made this recipe and it's good. A high 5 for you and for Paula! Thank you...
~Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
Paula's recipes rocks and this one is no exception. Thanks for posting, gave you a 5 for sure. Yummers. Thanks, Catchefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!