Chicken Kdra - Chicken with Almonds and ChickpeasFrom c2max 6 years ago
- • 1 Cup almonds (whole, raw if you have them) shopping list
- • 1 Can chickpeas(rinsed, drained) shopping list
- • 1/4 Teaspoon saffron & pinch of turmeric shopping list
- • salt And pepper -- To Taste shopping list
- • 1/2 Teaspoon ginger shopping list
- • 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- • 3 Tablespoons butter (I used 1 TB butter, 2 TB olive oil) shopping list
- • 1 Large chicken, cut into 8 Pieces shopping list
- • 2 Large onions -- Sliced shopping list
- • 4 Cups chicken broth shopping list
- • 1/4 Cup parsley – Chopped shopping list
- • 1 lemon, juiced – reserve till the end of recipe shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Combine saffron, turmeric, salt, pepper, ginger, cinnamon, and smear all over the chicken pieces. Put the olive oil/butter into the saute pan and sauté for about 6 minutes. Add 1/2 the onions and saute another 5 minutes or so.
- 2. Add the remaining onions and broth to the pan. Bring to a boil and simmer gently for 20 minutes. Add chickpeas, almonds, and parsley.
- 3. Simmer for another 20 to 30 minutes. Chicken should be tender by then! Remove from heat, add lemon juice and serve with hot steamed rice or couscous and flat bread.
The Cookc2max Woodridge, GA
The Rating6 people
sounds good and intresting too!magali777 in Mexico loved it
I wonder if I could use lentils instead of the chick peas? I love ethnic dishes like this (African/Indian/Meditteranean) but I'm not into chick peas!auntybea in Vernon loved it
I really love the rustic ease of this recipe in that you use a whole, cut up chicken and don't have to reduce the chicken to miniscule pieces! I will definitely try this, even with the chick peas!! High 5 Max!auntybea in Vernon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!