My Flamiche Leek PieFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 1 large bunch of leeks shopping list
- 1/2 Stick butter shopping list
- 1/4 Cup water shopping list
- 1/2 Cup cream shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- Favorite double crust pastry or puff pastry recipe prepared with shopping list
- salt, dillweed and pepper to taste shopping list
- egg yolk glaze to brush over crust shopping list
How to make it
- Clean leeks well.
- Using white part and some light green, slice thinly.
- Place in saucepot with butter, water and cream.
- Bring to a boil and lower heat and simmer covered until leeks are tender.
- Let cook uncovered to reduce liquids.
- Season with salt and pepper. and dill
- Cool mixture completely.
- Prepare a double crust pastry ( one may use puff
- pastry sheets if desired ),
- Roll dough out to fit a biscuit pan with dough overlapping sides.
- Use a slotted spoon and place cooked leeks evenly over the
- Roll out top crust and cover top , cut off excess dough if necessary and crimp and seal or roll edges together, decoratively slash top of dough.
- Brush with beaten egg yolk and bake 425F about 25 to 30
- minutes or until golden.
- Cool to warm and cut out pieces and serve as an accompaniment to meat and poultry dishes. Serves 4 to 6.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating6 people
Another winner!! I LOVE leeks, and grow them every year in my garden!! HIGH FIVE :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
As Chefelaine said so well, "Another winner!" My sentiments exactly. I've never tried using leeks in puff pastry but I will now! I love new recipes and you know I'll be trying this one! Thanks for something new to make!!!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
Awesome... I love leeks and this recipe will be on my list of recipes I MUST make ;) HIGH 5!lor in Toronto loved it