Barefoot Contessas Greek GazpachoFrom sparow64 8 years ago
- 2 thick slices day-old bread, such as ciabatta or peasant white, crusts removed shopping list
- 6 large cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped oregano leaves shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar shopping list
- 5 tablespoons good olive oil shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded chopped shopping list
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 2 red onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 seedless cucumber, unpeeled, seeded, and chopped shopping list
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 3/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped shopping list
- 1 (46-ounce) can Sacramento tomato juice shopping list
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 8 ounces good feta cheese, small-diced not crumbled shopping list
How to make it
- Place the bread, garlic, oregano, and parsley in a food processor and process until everything is finely chopped.
- Add the vinegar and olive oil and process again until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Place the peppers, red onion, cucumbers, tomatoes, and olives separately in the food processor and process until very coarsely chopped.
- Add to the mixing bowl.
- Add the tomato juice, salt, and pepper and stir well.
- Taste for seasoning, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Fold in the feta and serve cold.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating9 people
I could eat this all day......Love Ina (I want her life)..Thanks Dear for this fab find!
Markymarky90 in Dearborn loved it
I could live on gazpacho. This sounds delicious! Can't wait for those yummy summer tomatoes... Thanks... Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
Fabulous post! Can't wait for summer and all the fresh ingredients to make this.sunny in Portland loved it
Anything Goes289 members
Eat Those Veggies85 members
Television TV Famous Chefs67 members
Companys Coming115 members
Coffee Talk123 members
Home Cooking58 members
Friends In The Kitchen316 members
Tomato Lovers Rejoice76 members
Tv Cooking Shows13 members
TRAILER PARK BRAWLERS49 members