Frozen DessertFrom krumkake 9 years ago
- 1 pound package Oreo cookies. crushed quite finely shopping list
- 1/2 cup melted butter shopping list
- Additional Layer ingredients: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup skin-on Spanish peanuts (you can use regular salted peanuts if you can't find the Spanish peanuts) shopping list
- 1/2 gallon best quality vanilla ice cream shopping list
- store bought hot fudge topping shopping list
How to make it
- For the crust, mix the crushed Oreos with the butter; pat the mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Allow crust to cool completely before adding the remaining layers.
- When crust is completely cool, layer the peanuts over it.
- Soften the ice cream to enable you to spread it over the Oreo crust and peanuts
- Top the ice cream layer with the hot fudge sauce.
- Cover the pan well and keep it in the freezer until ready to serve.
- To serve, remove pan from freezer for about 15 minutes to allow it to soften enough so you can easily cut it. I'll warn you that the Oreo crust is quite hard to cut through, so have a good, sharp knife to cut the dessert into pieces!
- Keep leftovers in the freezer.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating8 people
Great post krum, I love peanuts and this sounds fantastic. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Sounds heavenly!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Wow honey, I do love this recipe¡¡ you´re great.
My best wishes for you.inmaculada in Palma De Mallorca loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!