Frozen Peanut Buster Or Brownie Sundae DessertFrom krumkake 7 years ago
- Fudge Sauce: shopping list
- 2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk shopping list
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 pound package Oreo cookies. crushed quite finely shopping list
- 1/2 cup melted butter shopping list
- Additional Layer ingredients: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup skin-on Spanish peanuts (you can use regular salted peanuts if you can't find the Spanish peanuts) shopping list
- 1/2 gallon best quaility vanilla ice cream shopping list
- 7 ounce jar marshmallow creme (for serving) shopping list
- VARIATIONS listed after directions... shopping list
How to make it
- For fudge sauce, mix all ingredients, except the vanilla, together in a medium saucepan and bring to a gentle boil.
- Continue to boil very gently for 8 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Remove pan from heat and add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract; stir well.
- Cool sauce completely, stirring occassionally - if you're in a rush for it to cool down, fill a large cake pan with water and ice cubes; place the pan of fudge sauce directly into the ice water, being careful not to let any water or ice spill into the fudge sauce - keep stirring frequently, and the sauce will cool quite quickly).
- For the crust, mix the crushed Oreos with the butter; pat the mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Allow crust to cool completely before adding the remaining layers.
- When crust is completely cool, layer the peanuts over it.
- Soften the ice cream to enable you to spread it over the Oreo crust and peanuts (I put the ice cream in a large bowl, and microwave it a few seconds at a time until I can whip it up to a very thick milkshake consistency - then gently pour/spread it over the peanuts).
- Top the ice cream layer with the hot fudge sauce.
- Cover the pan well and keep it in the freezer until ready to serve.
- To serve, remove pan from freezer for about 15 minutes to allow it to soften enough so you can easily cut it. I'll warn you that the Oreo crust is quite hard to cut through, so have a good, sharp knife to cut the dessert into pieces!
- Microwave the marshmallow creme until it is warm enough that you can stir it.
- Place a piece of frozen dessert on a plate and drizzle with plenty of warm marshmallow creme.
- Keep leftovers in the freezer.
- HOT FUDGE BROWNIE SUNDAE dessert:
- Make a batch of your favorite 9x13 size brownie recipe (I use my Fudgey Saucepan Brownies for a fudgey brownie layer).
- Top the cooled brownies with whatever flavor of ice cream you prefer.
- Top the ice cream with the hot fudge sauce.
- Keep in freezer until ready to serve.
- To serve, top each piece with whippped cream and a cherry.
- FROZEN TURTLE SUNDAE dessert:
- Top the Oreo crust with toasted pecans instead of peanuts, then spread on the softened vanilla ice cream, then a jar of caramel ice cream topping. Freeze before spreading hot fudge sauce over caramel layer. Keep frozen and serve pieces topped with whipped cream.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating8 people
Great post krum, I love peanuts and this sounds fantastic. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Sounds heavenly!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Wow honey, I do love this recipe¡¡ you´re great.
My best wishes for you.inmaculada in Palma De Mallorca loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!