Galette Des RoisFrom chickpea_chef 7 years ago
How to make it
- Grind almonds in food processor
- Beat sugar and butter
- add TWO eggs and almonds.
- You now have Frangipane!
- Butter a flat baking sheet
- unfold thawed puff pastries and using a pie pan as a template cut into two circles
- Lay one circle on buttered sheet and spread Frangipane in the middle
- Place a dried fava bean or ceramic figure in the Frangipane
- Using the last egg, beat and paint the edges of the dough
- Place the other dough circle on top and seal the edges very tight!
- Brush top with egg (i forgot to in my picture)
- Bake ~ 25-30 min at 375
- Dust with powdered sugar
- AND you have to put a gold paper crown on top. Whoever finds the fava bean wears the crown and is king for the day!
- You can eat it now.