Almost Authentic Cincinnati ChiliFrom janick04 9 years ago
- 1 quart water shopping list
- 2 lbs ground beef shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 3 garlic clove (diced) shopping list
- 3 teaspoons chili powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon red pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon salt shopping list
- 3 teaspoons ground allspice shopping list
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar shopping list
- 4 large bay leaf shopping list
How to make it
- Crumble raw (do not brown first) ground beef into the quart of water. Add all of the other ingredients.
- Simmer uncovered for 1/2 hour.
- Simmer for another 2 and 1/2 hours covered.
- Stir occasionally
- Serve on noddles with cheese(Cincinnati style) or on hot dogs for coneys either way you try you will enjoy
- ****Not your typical texas style chili so widen your taste buds before you turn your nose up****
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookjanick04 Hamilton, OH
The Rating7 people
I always put cinnamon in our chili made with ground turkey. I won 2nd place at our church Chili-cook off and I won a huge bottle of TUMS!!
Great recipe!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Never knew this was soooo easy to make! Thanks for sharing........jjuliecake in Bluffdale loved it
Love the touch of cinnamon! I make this, but yours is a tad different, I will give it a tryredkitchen in Murfreesboro loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!