Pork Chops And Potatoes In Creamy GravyFrom chihuahua 6 years ago
- 4 Lean pork chops with bone in (about 5 ounces each), all visible fat discarded shopping list
- paprika to taste shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- vegetable oil Spray shopping list
- 2 cups Fat-Free, low sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 8 red potatoes (about 2 ounces each), each cut into 8 wedges shopping list
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. dried tarragon, crumbled shopping list
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk shopping list
- 2 Tbs. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 4-ounce jar sliced pimientos shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle one side of the pork chops with paprika and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and lightly spray with vegetable oil spray (being careful not to spray near gas flame).
- Cook the pork chops with the seasoned side down for 1 minute. Remove from the skillet.
- In the same skillet, stir together the broth, potatoes, onions, carrots, and tarragon.
- Bring to a boil.
- Top with the pork chops with the seasoned side up.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 12 minutes, or until the pork is no longer pink in the center and the potatoes are tender.
- Using a large slotted spoon, transfer the vegetables to a serving platter with a rim or a large shallow bowl.
- Top with pork.
- Cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. Set aside.
- Increase the heat to high. Bring the broth to a boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes, or until reduced to 1 cup.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Whisk in the evaporated milk and flour until well blended.
- Stir in the salt. (If you use a flat spatula, you can scraope the skillet).
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the pimientos.
- Pour over the vegetables on the serving platter.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
The Rating8 people
good one thank you chichiminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Pork Chops are a staple in this home...wonderful recipe. Book-marked and fived! Thank you.gramma58 in Chesterfield loved it
Sounds very nice -- I love one dish meals!auntybea in Vernon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!