My Perfect CornbreadFrom pink 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Put the drippings or oil in a cast iron skillet and place it in the oven for a few minutes until it’s sizzling.
- Mix together dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Whisk egg and buttermilk. Mix with dry ingredients
- Take cast iron skillet out of oven, and pour hot oil into batter, and mix.
- Pour batter into cast iron skillet, bake in oven for 20 minutes. Cornbread should be brown on top and pulling away from the sides of the skillet.
- Do you cook with cast iron? What do you cook in it? *wink*
The Cookpink USA
The Rating6 people
Mmmm! I bet this is good with a bunch of butter melted over it. jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
Finally an easy cornbread from scratch! Thx!bvannetter1955 in PALM DESERT loved it
I love me some cornbread! Thanks for this post.tuilelaith in Columbia loved it