Scrapple Grandmas Ozark LegacyFrom mrtnzangel8 8 years ago
How to make it
- Crumble pork sausage in a frying pan; add 4 cups water, and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat, cook for 20 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 3 cups stock.
- Add salt and sage to stock.
- Bring to boiling.
- Combine cornmeal and 1 cup cold water. Gradually add to stock, stirring constantly.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir occasionally. Then add sausage, stir all together and pour into loaf pan.
- Refrigerate overnite.
- Next morning, slice and fry until set.
- Serve with syrup.
People Who Like This Dish 20
The Cookmrtnzangel8 SW, MO
The Rating6 people
My grandmother use to make this very good.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Something Im gonna have to try....Thanks Ang..zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Now here is a recipe I'll try. With sausage and not scraps of unknown parts....(ugh). Fred is a scrapple lover and he always orders this at Skyway Jacks....I'll rock his world if I make some at home. Thanks for the post.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it