Scrapple Grandmas Ozark LegacyFrom mrtnzangel8 6 years ago
How to make it
- Crumble pork sausage in a frying pan; add 4 cups water, and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat, cook for 20 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 3 cups stock.
- Add salt and sage to stock.
- Bring to boiling.
- Combine cornmeal and 1 cup cold water. Gradually add to stock, stirring constantly.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir occasionally. Then add sausage, stir all together and pour into loaf pan.
- Refrigerate overnite.
- Next morning, slice and fry until set.
- Serve with syrup.
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookmrtnzangel8 SW, MO
The Rating6 people
Now here is a recipe I'll try. With sausage and not scraps of unknown parts....(ugh). Fred is a scrapple lover and he always orders this at Skyway Jacks....I'll rock his world if I make some at home. Thanks for the post.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Finally got around to trying this, turned out great!
I think I'll try it with chorizo next time. Good recipe as you can substitute almost anything. Thanks for the post.
SheebsSheebs in Harrisburg loved it
Something Im gonna have to try....Thanks Ang..zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it