Pecan-crusted Fish With Peppers And SquashFrom watson2167 8 years ago
- 1 pound fresh or frozen skinless catfish fillets, white fish, or orange roughy, about 1/2 inch thick shopping list
- nonstick cooking spray shopping list
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- 2 small red and/or orange sweet peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch-wide strips shopping list
- 1 medium zucchini, bias-sliced 1/2 inch thick shopping list
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, bias-sliced 1/2 inch thick shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt shopping list
- lemon wedges (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degree F. Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Cut fish into 3- to 4-inch pieces; set aside. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil. Coat foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a shallow dish, stir together cornmeal, pecans, and salt. In another dish, stir together flour and cayenne. In a small bowl, stir together flour and cayenne. In a small bowl, whisk egg and water.
- Dip each piece of fish into flour mixture, shaking off any excess. Dip fish into egg mixture, then into pecan mixture to coat. Place in the prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, combine sweet peppers, zucchini, and squash. Add oil and seasoned salt; toss to coat. Arrange vegetables next to fish, overlapping as needed to fit.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and vegetables are crisp-tender. If desired, serve with lemon wedges.
The Cookwatson2167 Las Vegas, NV
The Rating3 people
Thank you so much for posting this!! I had pollack thawing and I have red bell peppers I want to use and I am so glad to find this!!!
Sounds delicious! I'm going to use Jiffy cornbread mix instead and let you know how that worked out. Thanks...moredianalee27 in loved it
I made this tonight and the flavors are outstanding!!dianalee27 in loved it
This looks and sounds so good, will definitely try this one, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!