Pecan-crusted Fish With Peppers And SquashFrom watson2167 6 years ago
- 1 pound fresh or frozen skinless catfish fillets, white fish, or orange roughy, about 1/2 inch thick shopping list
- nonstick cooking spray shopping list
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- 2 small red and/or orange sweet peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch-wide strips shopping list
- 1 medium zucchini, bias-sliced 1/2 inch thick shopping list
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, bias-sliced 1/2 inch thick shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt shopping list
- lemon wedges (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degree F. Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Cut fish into 3- to 4-inch pieces; set aside. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil. Coat foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a shallow dish, stir together cornmeal, pecans, and salt. In another dish, stir together flour and cayenne. In a small bowl, stir together flour and cayenne. In a small bowl, whisk egg and water.
- Dip each piece of fish into flour mixture, shaking off any excess. Dip fish into egg mixture, then into pecan mixture to coat. Place in the prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, combine sweet peppers, zucchini, and squash. Add oil and seasoned salt; toss to coat. Arrange vegetables next to fish, overlapping as needed to fit.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and vegetables are crisp-tender. If desired, serve with lemon wedges.
The Cookwatson2167 Las Vegas, NV
The Rating3 people
This looks and sounds so good, will definitely try this one, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it
Thank you so much for posting this!! I had pollack thawing and I have red bell peppers I want to use and I am so glad to find this!!!
Sounds delicious! I'm going to use Jiffy cornbread mix instead and let you know how that worked out. Thanks...moredianalee27 in loved it
I made this tonight and the flavors are outstanding!!dianalee27 in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!