Sweet Potato Caramel PieFrom henrie 9 years ago
- 2/3 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups finely crushed graham crackers shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 7-oz pkg. flaked coconut shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 8-oz pkg cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups mashed, cooked sweet potatoes (about 1 pound) shopping list
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1 8-oz cartons frozen whipped dessert topping thawed shopping list
- 1 12-oz jar caramel ice cream topping shopping list
How to make it
- For crust, combine the melted butter and sugar. Add crushed crackers; toss to mix well. Divide the mixture evenly between two 9-inch pie plates. Press onto bottoms and up the sides to form firm, even crusts. Refrigerate abut 1 hour or until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the 2 tablespoons butter. Add
- coconut and pecans. Cook and stir over medium heat or until golden
- brown. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sweet potatoes and
- condensed milk; beat until smooth. Fold in dessert topping. Spread
- one-fourth of the mixture into each of the crumb crusts. Drizzle each
- with one fourth of the ice cream topping and sprinkle with one fourth
- of the coconut mixture. Repeat layers.
- Cover; freeze abut 4 hours or until firm. Let stand a room temperature 15 minutes before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating6 people
this sounds good too ......are your fingers tired yet ha ha ha just kidding great posts i love to tease you......minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Sounds so good Henrie!!!pudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it
You're on a roll today!! got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it