Cajun Pepper JellyFrom lynn210 9 years ago
- 5 red bell peppers, chopped shopping list
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers (no seeds), sliced shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups cider vinegar shopping list
- 5-1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 packages of Certo shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon louisiana hot sauce (or your favorite hot sauce) shopping list
How to make it
- Sterilize jars of your choice; do not remove from hot water until jelly is ready to be jarred. In blender, blend peppers, onion, and vinegar. Add to large pot. Add sugar, salt, and red pepper flakes; bring to boil, cook on medium heat for 10 minutes. Add Certo, bring to boil and cook for 5 minutes. Add hot sauce, stir well. Remove from heat.
- Pour jelly into jars; close with lids tightly.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooklynn210 Baton Rouge, LA
The Rating6 people
Whew - I was sweating reading the recipe! This sounds great!
Jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
Hot pepper jellies are always good! Gave you a 5. Too bad canucook lowballed everything this evening. Piece of work there.thepiggs in loved it
Haven't thought about putting this on grilled foods! I will be trying this one out. Thank you for sharing this with me!grannyk in Sherman loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!