Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes with Onion SauceFrom sparow64 5 years ago
- POTATOES: shopping list
- 8 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled shopping list
- 4 lg. baking potatoes shopping list
- 1 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 4 tbsp. half & half shopping list
- 1 egg yolk, beaten shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 c. grated Swiss or brick cheese shopping list
- 1/4 c. parmesan cheese shopping list
- onion SAUCE: shopping list
- 2 T green onion, minced shopping list
- 2 T butter shopping list
- 2 T All-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 c milk shopping list
- 1/2 c half and half shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450
- Scrub and dry potatoes.
- Prick with a fork and rub with butter.
- Bake about 1 hour or until tender.
- Cook bacon, drain and crumble
- Cut a slice from the top of each potato.
- Scoop out pulp into a bowl.
- Mash the potatoes until free from lumps.
- Beat in the butter, half and half and egg yolk.
- Stir in black pepper and cheese.
- Refill potato shells.
- Make a well in the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon
- Fill with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil until browned.
- ONION SAUCE:
- Saute 2 tablespoons minced green onions in 2 tablespoons butter. Add 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour. cook 1 minute.
- Slowly pour in 1/2 cup each milk and half and half, stirring onstantly. Salt to taste.
- Cook until thickened.
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating5 people
Wonderful!!!! Love twice baked potatoes, what a great addition!pat2me in Nashua loved it
Awesome.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
I like twice baked potatoes and this one sounds delicious!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it