Burst of Lemon MuffinsFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup lemon yogurt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter melted shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1/3 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut toasted shopping list
How to make it
- In large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl beat yogurt, egg, butter, lemon peel and lemon juice until smooth.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened then fold in coconut.
- Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes then cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a saucepan combine lemon juice and sugar then cook and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in coconut then using a toothpick poke eight holes in each muffin.
- Spoon coconut mixture over muffins and serve warm.