Coconut CandyFrom peetabear 6 years ago
How to make it
- line a 13 x 9 inch bakinging pan with foil, extending foil over the edges of pan.
- butter foil ; set aside
- In a heavy large saucepan or Dutch oven; combine sugar, corn syrup, and water.
- cook and stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture starts to boil
- stir in coconut.
- clip a candy thermometer to the side of the pan
- cook over medium high heat until the mixture reaches 238'F
- coconut should be lightly golden
- stir in cream
- continue cooking till mixture again reaches 238'F
- stir in butter
- pour into prepared pan. cool slightly
- fluff with a fork... cool ... cut candy into squares
- wrap in waxed paper.... DO NOT stack the candy
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating9 people
I luv coconut,thanks. I think it will make one serving...for me.lolzanna in MOUNT CLEMENS loved it
wonderful! Yeah, I'm with zanna. ONE big one for me! hehe
jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
Must try! You have my 5m2googee in Tomball loved it