Crusty Rolls Or BrotchenFrom lor 5 years ago
How to make it
- Pour 2-1/2 cups flour into a large bowl and form a well in the center.
- In a separate container, mix yeast, sugar, and 2 tsp. of water(water comes from the 1 cup listed from above)
- Pour mixer into well but do not mix with the flour at this time.
- Cover bowl with a cloth and set in warm place for 15 minutes.
- Add remaining water and oil and beat until mixed.
- Turn dough out on counter top and need until smooth.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup of flour as needed.
- Put dough in a bowl(I like to oil the bowl before placing the dough in it) cover, and let it rise until double in size.
- Punch down and divide the dough into 12 parts.
- Shape in round or oval rolls and place 3" apart on a greased and flour cookie sheet.
- Cover and let rise until double in size.
- Beat egg white and 1 tsp. of water with a fork until frothy and brush on the rolls.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 450F for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown. From:George Moser
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating11 people
I love em!raelene1951 in Brighton loved it
my aunt use too make these theyre delicous. thank youmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Love these "little buns"! Got my 5!auntybea in Vernon loved it