Cream Cheese-Coconut Milk FlanFrom juliecake 7 years ago
- Caramel: shopping list
- 1 c sugar shopping list
- 2 T water shopping list
- 1/2 t fresh lemon juice shopping list
- Custard: shopping list
- 2 8oz pkg cream cheese shopping list
- 1 c coconut milk shopping list
- 1/2 c cream of coconut (CocoLopez) shopping list
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 7 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 t vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 t salt shopping list
- boiling water as needed shopping list
How to make it
- Combine sugar, water and lemon juice in a large saucepan over med heat. Cook gently stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves and starts to turn color. Increase the heat to high and boil until the syrup turns a deep amber color, 4 - 5 minutes.
- Immediately pour caramel into a 9" cake pan, swirl to completely coat the bottom and halfway up the sides of the pan, set aside.
- In a blender or food processor combine all the custard ingredients (except boiling water) and blend on low speed just until smooth and combined. Pour into the caramel lined pan.
- Place the cake pan in a large roasting pan and pour boiling water into the roasting pan until it reaches halfway up the sides of the cake pan. Cover roasting pan with aluminum foil, piercing the foil in several places to allow steam to escape. Bake until firm to the touch in center and doesn't jiggle when the pan is moved, about 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack. When completely cool, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until very cold. Unmold and serve immediately.
The Cookjuliecake Bluffdale, UT
The Rating8 people
OMG, Julie this looks so good -- !! Got my 5! X0auntybea in Vernon loved it
ok now julie girl how did you know i would like this sounds fanastic...........minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I love flans... especially with a carmel top... haven't made one in years... but this one is on the list!!! a 5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it