Tres Leches CakeFrom chef2 5 years ago
- TRES LECHES cake shopping list
- Ingredients for Cake: shopping list
- 1 package (18.25 oz.) plain yellow cake mix shopping list
- 1 package (3.4 oz.) vanilla instant pudding mix shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- vegetable oil cooking spray for baking pan shopping list
- Ingredients for milk Syrup: shopping list
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 cup heavy (whipping) cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- One 8 oz. container of whipped cream Topping shopping list
- . shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 13-by-9 inch baking pan with vegetable spray. Set the pan aside.
- Place the cake mix, pudding mix, milk, oil, and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until well mixed for about 1 minute. Scrape the batter off the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Beat an additional 2 minutes on medium speed. The batter should be well blended. Pour the batter into the sprayed baking pan.
- Bake the cake until it is golden brown, 30 to 34 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven and place the pan on a wire rack to cool completely for about an hour.
- While the cake is cooling, make the milk syrup. Whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, cream and vanilla in a medium-size bowl.
- Poke the cooled cake all over the top with a fork. Use a large spoon or ladle and spoon some of the milk syrup over the cake. Let the syrup soak into the cake. Continue spooning the syrup on top until all of it has been used up. When you have finished, not all of the syrup will be completely absorbed.
- Cover the cake loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate it until all of the syrup is absorbed for about 2 hours.
- Before serving you may spread on the whipped cream topping. Store this cake, loosely covered with plastic wrap, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week
The Cookchef2 Las Vegas, NV
The Rating5 people
I love this cake and order it out anytime I get the chance. Great post. Thank you. You've got my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
A Big "5" for this great tasting
Thanks...mjcmcook....mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
I was looking bfor such recipe long time ago. Got my 5...Great one!!ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!