Rice Custard PuddingFrom jlv1023 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup long grain white rice shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 cup or more raisins shopping list
- 3/4 tsp grated lemon rind shopping list
- 3-1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 2-3 tbsp cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300
- Cook rice in salted water till tender, then drain.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs slightly. Stir in sugar, vanilla, raisins, lemon rind, nutmeg & cinnamon.
- In another bowl combine milk & cooked rice.
- Add rice mixture to egg mixture.
- Pour into a 2 quart casserole pan. Sprinkle with more nutmeg and cinnamon to your taste. Then dot with butter. (I add one cinnamon stick in the middle)
- Set casserole in a baking pan; fill baking pan with about 1" hot water
- Bake uncovered about 1 hour and 25 minutes, stirring once after the first half hour.
- To avoid breaking the top of crust, insert spoon at edge of pudding, draw gently back and forth along bottom of the casserole. Near the end of baking time, insert a silver knife in center of custard, if it comes out clean, custard is done.
- Remove casserole from baking pan and cool.
The Cookjlv1023 Plymouth, WI
The Rating5 people
luv rice pudding my favorite high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This sounds really good. I'll have to make it.juels in Clayton loved it
This sounds really good, I'll have to make it.juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!