Slow Cooker Chicken StockFrom faith 10 years ago
How to make it
- Break some of the chicken bones.
- Chop (no need to peel) the carrots into large chunks.
- Chop the celery and the onion as well.
- Put all the ingredients in a slow cooker. Any size will do, but preferably at least 4 quarts.
- Fill the crockpot 3/4 full with water, cover, then set for 10 hours on low.
- After 10 hours, add salt if you wish, then turn the crockpot off and let the broth cool for half an hour.
- Strain out the meat and vegetables and discard them.
- Chill the stock in the fridge overnight and skim off the fat.
- Put the stock in baggies, label with date and amount, then freeze.
People Who Like This Dish 43
The Cookfaith Orlando, FL
The Rating5 people
It sounds good. I would like to make ahead stocks. I never though about the using crock pot. What a idea! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe.littlesponger in LA CRESCENTA loved it
I always cook a whole chicken in the crockpot and always feel bad that I throw the carcass away when I could do something with it so I saw this recipe and decided to try it! Its just SO SO easy especially since I don't have to do anything since the ...moreAmie_Stiltner in loved it