Lemon Meringue PieFrom blueeyes68ky 8 years ago
- 1 (9-inch) baked deep dish pie crust shopping list
- 1/2 cup ARGO corn starch shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 5 egg yolks, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon peel (1 lemon) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine shopping list
- 5 egg whites shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. ARGO corn starch shopping list
How to make it
- Mix corn starch, 1 1/2 cups sugar, water and egg yolks in saucepan over medium heat. Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a boil (about 8 to 10 minutes), reduce heat and continue stirring for one minute more very thick. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice, lemon zest, and butter until smooth.
- Pour hot filling into pie crust.
- Beat egg whites in mixer at high speed until soft peaks form; gradually add 1/2 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons corn starch, beating until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight), about 3 minutes.
- Top pie by spooning meringue over hot pie filling, making sure meringue touches edges of pie crust to seal. Use the back of a spoon to swirl meringue and draw up into peaks.
- Bake: Place oven rack in bottom third of preheated 375 degree F oven. Bake 10 minutes, until peaks are lightly browned.
- Cool at room temperature for 30 minutes. Chill for a minimun of 3 hours before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating16 people
This is my Father's favorite Lemon Pie! You get my 5.
Ferricookinggood in Leesburg loved it
You have my 5 as well. This is a fantastic post.chefmeow in Garland loved it
This sounds just luscious!!! You have my 5!!wdsdy in loved it
Sweet Tooth448 members
A Slice Of Pie126 members
FROM SCRATCH148 members
Friends In The Kitchen316 members
Southern Sassyness71 members
Lemon Lovers167 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members
Pie Lovers Of The World106 members
GOOD KENTUCKY COOKING43 members
Pies Pies Everywhere Is Pies45 members