Lemon Chess PieFrom marky90 7 years ago
- 2 whole eggs shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon flour shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon rind shopping list
- One 9-inch pie crust, unbaked shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs, yolks, and sugar together at high speed for two minutes.
- Add butter, vanilla and cream; beat again at high speed for two minutes.
- Add flour, cornmeal, lemon juice and rind; mix well.
- Pour into crust and bake 30 to 40 minutes until top is medium brown. Important, during the last 10 minutes of baking cover the crust with foil, so crust will not burn on you.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Before serving, garnish with whipped cream topping , shredded coconut and lemon zest, if you like.
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating6 people
This sound decadent. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Oh yeah, baby! Loving this one!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Yes...this is the 'original' recipe
for 'Chess pie, that I made when I lived in
Thanks....mjcmcook....A "5"...mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!