Candied PineappleFrom tippystclair 8 years ago
How to make it
- For microwave cooking:
- In a 3 qt casserole, combine 1 cup granulated sugar,1/3 cup reserved juice and 2 Tbsp light corn syrup.
- Arrange five pineapple slices in single layer over sugar
- Microwave on High, 8 to12 minutes, or until sugar dissolves and slices are glossy and have transparent edges. Turn over and rearrange slices every 4 minutes, taking care not to tear the rings.
- For stove top:
- In a large sauce pan combine 1 cup granulated sugar, 1/3 cup reserved juice and 2 Tbsp light corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil until sugar dissolves, then reduce heat.
- Carefully add a single layer of pineapple rings. Do not crowd the rings.
- Cook for 12 to 16 minutes or until sllices are glossy and have transparent edges. Turn every 4 minutes, taking care not to tear the rings.
- After cooking:
- Remove slices to wire rack and cool.
- They will become more transparent as they cool.
- Add remaining slices to the hot syrup and repeat as above.
- When slices have cooled completely, coat with granulated sugar.
- Cover with waxed paper and let stand on wire rack at least 24
- hours to dry.
- Recoat with granulated sugar.
- Slices will be slightly sticky.
- Store in airtight container with wax paper between layers no
- longer than 2 weeks.
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating5 people
I lvoe this stuff. Glad I can now make my own. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Me, too!!!! ;)angelgal in New Philadelphia loved it
I love it to and I am glad to have this recipe.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!