Swiss braided breadFrom ahmed1 6 years ago
- 680 grams bread flour shopping list
- 15 grams fresh yeast shopping list
- 430 grams lukewarm milk shopping list
- 1 tsp castor sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 30 grams butter shopping list
- 1 egg lightly beaten shopping list
- corn oil, 1 egg to glaze shopping list
- 2 tbsp almonds for decoration shopping list
How to make it
- Place 170 grams of bread flour in a bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm milk. Pour in into flour and mix well. Cover and Leave to rise for half an hour.
- In a separate bowl mix together the remaining flour, sugar and salt. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the beaten egg to the yeast mixture and immediately add this to the butter mixture mix until the dough becomes sticky.
- Transfer to a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes until silky smooth and elastic. Place the dough in a greased bowl and brush evenly with corn oil. Cover with a damp cloth and leave to rise for 1 to 1 ½ hours until double in bulk.
- Punch down the dough, knead for a while and divide into 8 equal parts. Roll two of them into 30 cm strand. Place the strands side by side on a greased baking tray and plait them together. Neaten the edges. Do not plait the strands too tightly.
- Feel free to make the shape that you like as seen in the picture.
- Cover with a damp towel and leave to rise for an hour until double in bulk. Glaze with egg, sprinkle with almonds and bake for 10 minutes at 450 F. until golden brown. Lower the temperature to 390F and bake for another 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating7 people
du pain aussi?
Ahmed I didn´t know you liked baking bread too!
sounds delicious, thanks.
Magalimagali777 in Mexico loved it
I think you did a fantastic job! Your bread looks beautiful and puts mine to shame, big time! I just can't seem to do it right but I am trying your recipe.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Beautiful!chriesi in Zuerich loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!