Pink Lemonade Party CakeFrom sparow64 5 years ago
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) lemon cake mix shopping list
- (plain or with pudding) shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups water shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1 6-ounce container frozen pink lemonade shopping list
- concentrate, thawed shopping list
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a rack in the center of the oven.
- Mist a 13-by 9-inch metal baking pan.
- Dust with flour and shake out the excess. Set the pan aside.
- Place the cake mix, water, oil, and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until the ingredients are incorporated, 30 seconds.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and increase the mixer speed to medium.
- Blend for 2 minutes or until the batter lightens.
- Turn the batter into the pan, smooth the top, and place the pan in the oven.
- Bake the cake until the center springs back when lightly pressed with your finger, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let rest 15 minutes.
- Combine the lemonade concentrate and confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- Poke a long-tined fork into the top of the warm cake every 1/2-inch, wiping the fork occasionally to remove crumbs.
- Drizzle the lemonade glaze over the top of the cake.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator to chill, for 2 hours.
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator, spread the whipped cream over the top, slice and serve.
- Note: It is sometimes hard to find a 6-ounce can of pink lemonade concentrate. You can buy a 12-ounce can, thaw and just use 3/4 cup.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating8 people
Ohh this sounds so good. I'll be trying this one soon. Good post!oregongrandma in loved it
Family will love this, it will be a big hit at Sunday dinner...unless I make your thin mint pizza instead....oh the dilema's we face....lol ;Dlaurakaay in Oroville loved it
I like pink lemonade so this cake sounds delicious to me!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it