Tabbouleh Stuffed Swiss ChardFrom jimrug1 5 years ago
- 15 - 20 Large swiss chard Leaves (Or 1 Jar Canned grape leaves) shopping list
- 1 Recipe Old Country Tabbouleh (Posted in my recipes) replacing Burghul (cracked wheat) with an equal amount of long grained rice soaked in water for 30 minutes, drained and mixed into salad. Dress the salad. Let it sit for about 1 hour. shopping list
- tomato juice to Cover (V-8 makes a tastey and healthy variation.) shopping list
How to make it
- Carefully wash Chard . To make for easier handling, place wet leaves in dry pot and steam for a few seconds (no more or they will become too limp). Split Chard Leaves lengthwise and remove central vein and stem. Save stems for the bottom of the pot. Cut into about 3 x 5 inch pieces. Place smooth side down and put several Tsps of Tabbouleh on the lower third across with of leaf. Roll up like a cigar.
- Line the bottom of a large pot with reserved Swiss Chard stems. Place stuffed Chard in pan in tight parallel rows. Change the next layer by 90 degress and so on. Cover top layer with whole Chard leaves and place an inverted plate on top.
- Add tomato juice to cover plate. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 1 hr. on low heat. Cool to room temp before trying to remove. Serve room temp or chilled with lemon wedges and/or minted Yoghurt.
The Cookjimrug1 Peoria, IL
The Rating2 people
Delightful - so delightful, Jim m'dear. You always are the one to challenge my taste buds. This sounds wonderful - thanks, sweetie! ~Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
Oh yeah babe as Emeril would say...loving it! deliciously vegan! Thanks again for a wonderful post. joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!