Baked FlourFrom whuebl 6 years ago
How to make it
- Put the flour in a large shallow pan.
- Bake at 170 -200 F (lowest heat on your oven) for a couple of hours - doesn't really matter if it is 2 hours or 5.
- The flour will become slightly tan or off-white. That is what you want.
- Use a tablespoon or two in your next gravy instead of plain flour. It adds a slightly nutty taste and removes the danger of an undercooked gravy.
- You can use this flour for just about anything you would use flour.
The Cookwhuebl Annapolis, MD
The Rating5 people
I have done this in the microwave for making roux to use in gumbo. I will have to try it in the oven because you have to be very careful not to burn the flour in the microwave. Thanks for a great post.m2googee in Tomball loved it
Wow, very interesting indeed! Got my 5.kidaria in BC loved it
What a clever idea!waterlily in Joplin loved it