Super Cilantro Southwestern MarinadeFrom divaliscious 6 years ago
How to make it
- Combine the ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag, a shallow bowl, or a baking dish.
- Add 2 pounds of poultry, meat, seafood, or vegetables and refrigerate, covered, at least 20 minutes and up to overnight. (For fish and scallops, marinate for no more than 15 minutes or they may become mushy.)
- Turn the food occasionally so all surfaces are exposed to the marinade.
- Before cooking, remove the food from the container and shake off the excess liquid.
- Cook on a lightly oiled grill to the desired doneness.
- ***Tips: Although you can marinate food in almost any kind of container (but avoid reactive metals, like unlined aluminum and cast iron), it's best to use 1-gallon resealable plastic bags. They allow the liquid to surround the food completely, ensuring better absorption. Plus, cleanup is a cinch.
- ***Toss a marinade once you've soaked raw meat in it. The mixture may be contaminated with bacteria.
- ***Best With: Boneless chicken breasts, flank steak, pork chops, scallops, mahimahi, bell peppers, summer squash, and zucchini.
- Leah's Suggestion: Add garlic and/or shallots to the mix!
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
The Rating5 people
How delicious! I love the citrus and cilantro pairing here. Thanks!lunasea in Orlando loved it
We love southwestern food. This is a must try!
Thankscookinggood in Leesburg loved it
mmm.. sounds delicious, thanksmagali777 in Mexico loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!