Fannie Flagg Fried Green TomatoesFrom possumqueen 6 years ago
- 2 medium green tomatoes, chilled shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 1/4 cup hot bacon drippings shopping list
How to make it
- Cut tomatoes into 1/2-inch slices.
- Stir together mustard and next 5 ingredients. Spread on both sides of tomato slices. Coat with cornmeal.
- Fry tomatoes in hot drippings in a skillet over medium heat 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Drain.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookpossumqueen Small Town, Of A
The Rating6 people
Nice to see ya PQ. Yep, that's how we do it too.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
Nothing like a fabulous fried green tomato! I'm from way up north, but my grandmother was raised in Missouri -- lucky me!auntybea in Vernon loved it
ok.. now this i gotta try. always grow tomatoes on my patio in containers (so the deer won't get them). at the end of the year i just cut them up and put them in some "Bubbies pickel juice" and let them brew fo ra few weeks. i have heard about these ...moremisterpeter in Southwest Harbor loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!