Butterscotch Rum Bundt CakeFrom sparow64 7 years ago
- cake shopping list
- 1 (11 oz) pkg. or 1-2/3 cups NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE butterscotch Flavored Morsels, divided use shopping list
- 1 box yellow cake mix shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup dark rum shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans shopping list
- Chopped nuts (optional) shopping list
- glaze shopping list
- Reserved morsels shopping list
- 1-2 T milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease and flour 10-inch bundt pan.
- Microwave 1-1/3 cups morsels in medium, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth; cool to room temperature.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, sour cream, milk, rum, butter and melted morsels in large mixer bowl.
- Beat on low speed just until moistened.
- Beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup nuts.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes.
- Invert cake onto serving platter. Drizzle glaze over cake; sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Microwave remaining morsels and 1 to 2 tablespoons milk in small, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 30 seconds; stir.
- Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating4 people
Wonderful - this sounds delicious! Thanks so much...lunasea in Orlando loved it
Awsome! I love everything about it!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Oh my! I would only change the recipe by the following ways: "Add rum, take a taste. Add rum, take a taste. Add rum, take a taste. Repeat until you feel like stopping." LOL! --Kn0x-- (lovely recipe I plan to try!)knoxcop in Knoxville loved it