Nanas Wilted Lettuce SaladFrom lindal34 8 years ago
How to make it
- Fry bacon and drain, reserving bacon fat. (Its quick to just slice some hunks of bacon off the end of the package, then it's already diced.)
- Add water, sugar, salt and pepper to drippings and bring to a boil.
- Add vinegar (to taste!) and cool mixture slightly.
- When ready to serve, pour hot dressing over the lettuce leaves that have been torn into bite sized pieces.
- Sprinkle with bacon and toss. (Just be sure that lettuce isn't cold!)
The Cooklindal34 Vero Beach, FL
The Rating4 people
Momma used make something similar, called Killed Salad. Love this stuff.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Love this stuff.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
We use to have this at home as I was growing up, it's so good, you have my 5 on this one. Thanks for the memories.henrie in Savannah loved it