Cabbage And Beef CasseroleFrom chacha 8 years ago
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef or beef and pork mixture shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 green/red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 2 celery stalks, chopped shopping list
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. oatmeal (thickener) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley but if you don't have fresh, dried parsley flakes will do shopping list
- 1 - 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1/2 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1 small cabbage, shredded shopping list
- 1 15 oz. can of your favorite tomato/spaghetti sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup malt vinegar shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Saute beef, onion, green pepper and celery.
- Stir into the meat mixture oatmeal, fresh parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour meat mixture into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish or casserole.
- Sprinkle shredded cabbage on top.
- Mix together tomato sauce, vinegar and brown sugar and pour over the top of cabbage.
- Cover with either the lid of the casserole dish or foil.
- Bake in a pre-heated 375 degree oven for approximately 1-1/2 hours. You may want to cook it a little longer, it depends on your oven.
The Cookchacha New York, NY
The Rating4 people
This recipe reminds me of a casserole that my Mother-in-law prepared. It was always very tasty and there were never leftovers ;) You've got my 5 forks!lor in Toronto loved it
Awesome Chacha.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
I posted a similar recipe (Sweet and Sour Beef and Cabbage) that you make on the stovetop. I will definitely try your version - I love that it makes a large pan, because you can't go wrong with leftovers!fizzle3nat in Waterville loved it