Simply Homemade Graham CrackersFrom noir 6 years ago
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat graham flour (Bob’s Red Mill is the brand I use) shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar (use half brown sugar) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup cold, unsalted butter, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 4 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 1/4 cup cold water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or maple extract..yum) shopping list
- Preheat oven to 350 and this should make 4 Dozen shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor or the bowl of an electric mixer, mix together the flours, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the cold butter and mix or process until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the honey, water, and vanilla. Mix until the dough comes together in a ball.
- Between 2 sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap, roll the dough 1/2-inch thick.
- Chill for 1 hour, until firm.
- Lightly flour the dough and roll 1/8-inch thick. With a sharp knife or cookie cutter, cut into 2-inch squares.
- Arrange the crackers on nonstick, silpat, or parchment lined cookie sheets.
- With a fork, prick several holes in each cracker.
- You can sprinkle with some sugar crystals if you like.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until lightly browned at the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan.
- Serve to make Smores, or with Ice Cream...Have Fun! :)
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating10 people
*wink* and a prayer to make this over the weekend!pink in USA loved it
WOW!!! Thanksm2googee in Tomball loved it
I could eat a whole box of graham crackers with milk. Run outta milk, pour some more. Then too much milk, gotta eat more graham crackers. It goes on & on.... Thanks for the recipe!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Back To Basics346 members
Cooking With Kids276 members
Family Favourites134 members
Pass Down Recipes313 members
TRAILER PARK BRAWLERS49 members
The Unbroken Circle 335 members
Camp Fire Cooking101 members
Grouprecipes Rocks149 members
Little Rascals Favorites52 members