Carrot Cake With Fresh Orange Cream Cheese FrostingFrom henrie 4 years ago
- For the cake: shopping list
- 2 cups of All Purpose flour shopping list
- 1 ½ tablespoons of cinnamon shopping list
- ¾ teaspoon of baking soda shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon of baking powder shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- ¾ cup of canola oil shopping list
- 2 cups of sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt shopping list
- 1 pound freshly grated carrots shopping list
- ¾ cup of walnut pieces shopping list
- For the frosting: shopping list
- 12 ounces of cream cheese, at room temperature shopping list
- 2 ½ cups of powdered sugar shopping list
- Zest of one orange shopping list
- ½ pound of unsalted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Butter and flour two 8x2-inch round cake pans and line with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In the bowl of electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the eggs on high speed until light and fluffy. Decrease the speed to medium and add the oil, sugar, and salt. Mix to combine. Decrease the speed to low and gradually add the flour.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in the carrots and walnuts with a rubber spatula.
- Divide the batter evenly among the pans. Spin the pans to level the batter. Bake for 45 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes before removing from pans to cool completely.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together cream cheese, sugar, and zest. Start on low speed and then gradually increase speed to med-high and beat until smooth and fluffy.
- On medium speed add the butter and mix until smooth. Add the vanilla and mix until combined. Do not over beat
People Who Like This Dish 11
- tupelohoney17 Las Vegas, NV
- tndta Nowhere, Us
- brianna CA
- magali777 Mexico, MX
- jett2whit Union City, GA
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- morninlite Kalamazoo, US
- blessedtobemom Belleville, IL
- sas Farmington, CT
- capedread Peterborough. Cambridgeshire, GB
- Plus 1 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating8 people
Love carrot cake, and have tried it with lemon cream cheese but not orange cream cheese icing. SOunds yummy. FIVE!recipesrule in Winnipeg loved it
LOVE Carrot Cake! I've never had it with orange flavored frosting. I'll have to try this.morninlite in Kalamazoo loved it
BEAUTIFUL .........CARROT CAKE AND CHEESCAKES ARE MY FAVORITE IM A SUCKER FOR THEM ....THANK YOUminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it