Curry-spiced Sweet Potato MashFrom crabhappychick 6 years ago
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled, cubed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup shallots, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon green curry paste shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne shopping list
- 1/3 cup half and half shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Cook potatoes covered with water until tender. Drain, return to pan, keep warm.
- Melt butter in small skillet over medium heat. Add shallots, cook until tender. Stir in brown sugar, salt, curry powder, cumin, cinnamon, and cayenne; cook 1 minutes, stirring constantly. Add mixture to potatoes along with half and half and lemon juice. Mash with potato masher.
- NOTE: The original recipe called for curry powder. I happen to like Thai green or red curry paste better. You can use whatever YOU want!
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating5 people
Another great post. You have my 5. Yummers.chefmeow in Garland loved it
wow yummy there .........minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
The ingredients sound great, but I'm unsure how to cook it.jencathen in loved it