Spicy Maryland Crab BallsFrom mrjwjohnson 5 years ago
- 1 pound Maryland Blue crabmeat (pasteurized or fresh) shopping list
- 1/2 cup cracker crumbs or bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 eggs (or 1 large) shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper shopping list
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- peanut oil or vegetable for frying shopping list
How to make it
- In small bowl, beat eggs; mix in mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and mustard.
- Remove all cartilage from crabmeat and place crab in large bowl fold in egg mixture then add and mix remaining ingredients.
- Shape into about 30 balls about 1 inch in diameter and chill.
- Gently drop crab balls one at a time into hot (350 ºF) oil to cover. Cook until browned; remove and drain.
- Serve with crackers and cocktail sauce on the side.
The Cookmrjwjohnson Delmar, MD
The Rating14 people
This looks good. I've bookmarked it to try.
Thanks,cookinggood in Leesburg loved it
I miss Maryland!!!!!! And MD crab. Thanks for the recipe.crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
Cool recipe.mrgresch in Milwaukee loved it