Fantastic Beef Short RibsFrom marky90 5 years ago
- 4 pounds beef short ribs shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups chopped onions shopping list
- 1 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1 cup chopped carrots shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1 cup red wine shopping list
- 8 cups beef stock shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Season the ribs with salt and pepper to taste and dredge them in flour. Fry the ribs in the oil in small batches, adding oil as needed, to sear the meat. This should take 2 to 3 minutes per batch. Set ribs aside.
- In the same pot, add the onions and saute for 2 minutes. Add the celery and carrots and saute for 1 more minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and then stir in the garlic, bay leaves and thyme and cook for 1 more minute.
- Deglaze the pot with the red wine, scraping up all the bits on the bottom. Add the stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer. Add the ribs and continue to simmer for 2 hours, until the sauce thickens. Stir in the parsley and serve.
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating12 people
Looks great; will have to give at try! You have my 5.m2googee in Tomball loved it
LOVE shorts ribs!crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
YUm love short ribs yours sound so good. Got my 5
Have a great evening!!!!
silversilverqueen in Albany loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!