SofritoFrom meskarune 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 clove garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 onion shopping list
- 1/2 green bell pepper shopping list
- 1 dash salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cilantro shopping list
- 1 teaspoon annatto shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar shopping list
- 1 dash pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Chop onion and bell pepper, mince garlic clove
- Heat oil in skillet and add onion, bell pepper, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Cook until onions and peppers become soft then add the remaining ingredients.
- Cook this mixture until it turns a dark red color.
- Put the Sofrito in jars or plastic containers. It keeps for 2 weeks in the fridge or months in the freezer.
- You can add more spices to the mix, olives, or sausage to add more flavor. To make more just multiply the recipe.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookmeskarune Midlothian, Texas
The Rating6 people
Thanks! Like most other things that come in cans , Canned Sofrito is not Sofrito.ronnymarcus in Jerusalem loved it
I love Sofrito. This is one of the better Sofrito recipes I have come across. Thank you for sharing. Good Post ......... Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
Very nice and much better than canned. Good stuff.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it