Blueberry FrittersFrom zena824 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 2 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1 cup fresh blueberries shopping list
- Syrup: shopping list
- 2 cups fresh blueberries shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Sift dry ingredients together; make a well in center of dry ingredients and pour milk in.
- Add lightly beaten egg yolks; blend together till batter is smooth.
- Fold in fresh blueberries.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Form into fritters by making balls with 2 spoons dipped into hot water.
- Deepfry until golden brown.
- Wash and drain blueberries.
- Place in saucepan with water; cook slowly for 15 minutes.
- Strain through fine strainer.
- Addy sugar and lemon juice to clear liquid.
- Cook for 15 more minutes to sauce is syrupy.
- Cool and serve..
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating3 people
Great recipe. Blueberries are almost in season and my bushes are going to have a good, but not great, crop. This recipe will be used for the first picking. Thanks for sharing!chefjeb in Carthage loved it
Blueberries are a few months out here in the Pacific NW, but I look forward to this recipe this summer.sunny in Portland loved it
Hey Zena! :) I whipped these up this morning to serve to my nephews as I created a new breakfast salad for the grown ups in the house... we barely got a taste cus the boys inhaled them! :) I've never made them by whipping the eggs, which is why I tr...morekeni in Sweet Home loved it