Bun Cha Vietnamese Grilled PorkFrom waterlily 8 years ago
- 2 teaspoons blackstrap molasses shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce shopping list
- 1-2 large cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 shallot, finely chopped (substitute 1/2 small mild onion, if necessary) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons caster or turbinado sugar shopping list
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, chopped fine shopping list
- 1/2 pound total rice (cellophane) noodles, cooked per package directions shopping list
- 1-2 cups mung bean sprouts shopping list
- A small handful of each: fresh cilantro, basil, mint, and chives shopping list
- Torn lettuce leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Make a sauce by heating the light molasses with two-thirds of the fish sauce in a heavy saucepan, stirring frequently.
- Transfer it to a bowl, cool a bit, and combine with the garlic, shallot, sugar, and the remaining fish sauce and salt.
- Add the minced pork, mix thoroughly, then cover and leave to stand for 3 hours
- Shape the minced pork into little patties, about 1 inch in diameter, place over a preheated grill and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- To serve, divide the noodles between 4 warmed bowls, add the pork, torn lettuce. Top with the sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookwaterlily Joplin, MO
The Rating8 people
Hi Waterlilly, Great post, I just saw a show on the travel channel about fish sauce. (That bald guy that eats everything) I have been wanting to try cooking with it and this sounds like a perfect recipe to get my feet wet.
According to t...morejimrug1 in Peoria loved it
Oh my, waterlily! This sounds marvellous!! Will be a "must-try" on my grocery list for next week!auntybea in Vernon loved it
I like this one. With all the spices, it has to be delicious!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!