Pappardelle Al Sugo Di Limone Con Asparagi E Salmone Affumicato Pappardelle In Lemon Cream Sauce With Asparagus And Smoked SalmonFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
How to make it
- Trim asparagus and diagonally cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices, or leave whole as a garnish.
- Finely chop shallots.
- Finely grate enough lemon zest to measure 1 and 1/2 teaspoons and squeeze enough juice to measure 3 tablespoons.
- Cut salmon into 2 x 1/2-inch strips.
- Fill a 6-quart pasta pot three fourths full with salted water and bring to a boil for asparagus and pasta. Have ready a bowl of ice and cold water.
- Cook asparagus in boiling water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes, and with a slotted spoon transfer to ice water to stop cooking.
- Reserve water in pot over low heat, covered.
- Drain asparagus and set aside some asparagus tips for garnish.
- In a deep 12-inch heavy skillet cook shallots in butter with salt and pepper to taste over moderately low heat, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cream and zest and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons lemon juice and remove skillet from heat. Return water in pot to a boil.
- Cook pasta in boiling water, stirring occasionally, until 'al dente' and ladle out and reserve 1 cup pasta water.
- Drain pasta in a colander and add to sauce with asparagus, 1/2 cup pasta water, three fourths salmon, remaining tablespoon lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat mixture over low heat, gently tossing (and adding more remaining pasta water as needed if mixture becomes dry), until just heated through.
- Serve pasta garnished with reserved asparagus tips and remaining salmon.
- That's it! Buon Appetito!
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating10 people
Joymarie so nice of you to post this recipe just in time for Asparagus season. I will make mine with fettuccine this time.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
right up my alley.. a joy to serve to guests i would imagine and will soon find out for sure. another high 5!misterpeter in Southwest Harbor loved it
Looks lovely, JoyMarie!auntybea in Vernon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!