Paula Deens Southern Fried ChickenFrom sparow64 8 years ago
- HOUSE SEASONING: shopping list
- 1 cup salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup garlic powder shopping list
- SOUTHERN FRIED chicken shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1/3 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup hot red pepper sauce *** shopping list
- 2 cups self-rising flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- House seasoning shopping list
- 2 1/2-pound chicken, cut into pieces (I have used boneless, skinless chicken breasts and thighs, works great) shopping list
- oil, for frying, preferably peanut oil shopping list
- *** I did not use this much hot sauce. (I'm wimpy!) I heard her say on TV that you only need enough to thurn the egg mixture orange...for some reason I am thinking I used 3 T. hot sauce shopping list
How to make it
- HOUSE SEASONING
- Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- SOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN
- In a medium size bowl, beat the eggs with the water.
- Add enough hot sauce so the egg mixture is bright orange. In another bowl, combine the flour and pepper.
- Season the chicken with the House Seasoning.
- Dip the seasoned chicken in the egg, and then coat well in the flour mixture.
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees F in a deep pot.
- Do not fill the pot more than 1/2 full with oil.
- Fry the chicken in the oil until brown and crisp.
- Dark meat takes longer than white meat.
- It should take dark meat about 13 to 14 minutes, white meat around 8 to 10 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 28
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating13 people
Excellent! 5 all the way!
:}tippystclair in North Hollywood loved it
Oh I saw Paula make this chicken n gave it a try, was the best chicken. I love it.taylorsue82 in Wapakoneta loved it
LOVE IT......GREAT POST.....Big Bear 5 for this onegrizzlybear in loved it
Comfort Foods773 members
Southern Cooks560 members
Everyday Chefs68 members
Anything Goes288 members
Chicken Its Whats For DInner121 members
Friends In The Kitchen315 members
Chicken Please145 members
TRAILER PARK BRAWLERS49 members
Delicious Foods39 members
Heat In The Kitchen316 members