BUTTERY MIXED NUT BRITTLEFrom magandab 7 years ago
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup butter, cut into bits shopping list
- 4 cups mixed raw nuts (I use walnuts, almonds, pecans and pine nuts) shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/1-2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- Non-stick spray shopping list
How to make it
- Spray two baking sheets and set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, mix sugar, corn syrup and water.
- Cover and heat to boiling over medium heat.
- Add butter, stir until butter is melted.
- Insert candy thermometer.
- Over medium heat, cook without stirring until the mixture reaches 305 degrees (35 – 45 minutes)
- Gradually add nuts, keeping mixture boiling.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and baking soda. Beat vigorously 15 seconds, being careful not to splatter.
- Immediately pour onto the two baking sheets. Spread evenly with two forks, until thin and fairly even thickness.
- Cool completely.
- Break into pieces.
- Store in airtight container (I refrigerate it)
People Who Like This Dish 9
- Wonderbunnie Nowhere, Us
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- auntybea Vernon, Canada
- lenora Oak Park, MI
- jett2whit Union City, GA
- thefushia Cotesfield, NE
- peetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- jeffsgirl Medford, OR
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmagandab Apple Valley, US
The Rating10 people
sometimes you feel like a nut ~ sometimes you just are! I'm nuts over this one! YUMjett2whit in Union City loved it
This looks like a great recipe; a must try!m2googee in Tomball loved it
this is a great recipe. thank you for the postpeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!