Sweet Preserved LemonsFrom noir 8 years ago
How to make it
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the lemons and return to the boil. Allow to boil for 1 minute. Remove the lemons and allow to dry and cool down slightly.
- Cut each lemon lengthwise into quarters from the blossom end to within 1/2 an inch of the stem end, being careful to keep the lemon intact.
- Place the vanilla bean in the jar. Be sure to use a wide-mouth jar with at least a capacity of 1 quart. Pack the lemons into the jar.
- Combine the sugar and vodka in a pan. Cook over low heat, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved. Do not boil.
- Pour the syrup over the lemons. If necessary, add more vodka to cover the lemons.
- Seal the jar and refrigerate for at least 2 weeks; shaking the jar occasionally.
- The lemons will keep tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 months.
- Enjoy! :)
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating9 people
Had this, great!midgelet in Eastern loved it
This looks like a simple and good recipe for preserved lemons. Thankspleclare in Framingham loved it
Do I get to drink the vodka after all the lemons are gone? Great recipe!jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it