Cold Crisp Summertime Veggie SandwichFrom krumkake 6 years ago
- Sandwich spread: shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese shopping list
- 3 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip) shopping list
- ½ to 1 tablespoon dry ranch dressing mix shopping list
- For the sandwiches: shopping list
- 8 slices hearty bread (I like dark rye for this) or bagels (cut bagels in half and toast very lightly) shopping list
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced ¼” thick shopping list
- several ice cold crispy lettuce leaves shopping list
- thin tomato slices shopping list
- thin sweet onion slices shopping list
- cheese slices (Swiss, Sharp Cheddar, Smoked Gouda, Havarti, Goat, Brie, just to name a few choices) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix cream cheese with just enough mayonnaise to make it a spreadable consistency.
- Season this with the dry Ranch Dressing mix, adding enough to suit your taste.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread or bagel with as much sandwich spread as desired.
- Keep any extra sandwich spread covered and refrigerated for later use.
- Lay 4 slices of bread or bagel halves, sandwich spread side up, on the counter and start assembling.
- First a layer of cold sliced cucumbers, then some crisp lettuce leaves, a slice of juicy tomato, a slice of sweet onion, and finally a slice of whatever cheese you like.
- Top each creation with the remaining slices of bread or bagel halves, sandwich spread side down.
- Cut each sandwich in half and chow down while they're still cold and crispy!
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating4 people
Ummmm, my pick today would be the smoked gouda...sheer gatronomic bliss. As always Kake... a winner.helewes in Newton loved it
You are such a winner girlfriend! Maretheiris in Garden City loved it
Yeah, this does sound really good. :)mrtnzangel8 in SW loved it