Cold Crisp Summertime Veggie SandwichFrom krumkake 7 years ago
- Sandwich spread: shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese shopping list
- 3 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip) shopping list
- ½ to 1 tablespoon dry ranch dressing mix shopping list
- For the sandwiches: shopping list
- 8 slices hearty bread (I like dark rye for this) or bagels (cut bagels in half and toast very lightly) shopping list
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced ¼” thick shopping list
- several ice cold crispy lettuce leaves shopping list
- thin tomato slices shopping list
- thin sweet onion slices shopping list
- cheese slices (Swiss, Sharp Cheddar, Smoked Gouda, Havarti, Goat, Brie, just to name a few choices) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix cream cheese with just enough mayonnaise to make it a spreadable consistency.
- Season this with the dry Ranch Dressing mix, adding enough to suit your taste.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread or bagel with as much sandwich spread as desired.
- Keep any extra sandwich spread covered and refrigerated for later use.
- Lay 4 slices of bread or bagel halves, sandwich spread side up, on the counter and start assembling.
- First a layer of cold sliced cucumbers, then some crisp lettuce leaves, a slice of juicy tomato, a slice of sweet onion, and finally a slice of whatever cheese you like.
- Top each creation with the remaining slices of bread or bagel halves, sandwich spread side down.
- Cut each sandwich in half and chow down while they're still cold and crispy!
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating4 people
wow this looks so good. I love the sound of this ...yum!! Thank you!michellem in Idaho loved it
Yeah, this does sound really good. :)mrtnzangel8 in SW loved it
You are such a winner girlfriend! Maretheiris in Garden City loved it